Edward G Boxall1
M, d. before 2011
|Last Edited||13 Oct 2017| Edward G Boxall
married Cicely D Parry
in 1946 in Caerleon, Monmouthshire, Wales
Edward and Cecily lived in Clovely, Snowdenham Road in Bramley from 1948 through heir deaths.3
He died before 2011.1
He was buried on 22 June 2011 in St John the Baptist churchyard, Wonersh, Surrey, England
, The newspaper stated Cicely was much loved mother of Margaret (and Mervyn), devoted grandmother of Matthew and Elizabeth and great grandmother of James and Paige. Cecily was buried on 22 June 2011 joining her husband the same grave following a service in St John the Baptist in Wonersh.1,4
- [S15] Newspaper article Get Surrey - 16 - 20 June 2011.
- [S3] GRO Indexes 1946/Q2 Caerleon Volume 11a Page 587.
- [S7] Ancestry Surrey, England, Electoral Registers, 1832-1962.
- [S1] Wonersh History Society Archives Burial records.
M, b. circa 1953, d. 2 October 2012
|Last Edited||4 Dec 2016|
- [S15] Newspaper article Get Surrey - 4-6 and 18-20 October 2012.
Gordon Harold Hemsley
M, b. 10 March 1939, d. 13 May 2013
|Last Edited||3 Oct 2017| Gordon Harold Hemsley
was born on 10 March 1939 in Sheffield, Yorkshire, England
, his mothers maiden name was Mottershead.1,2
He married Janet I Gardner
in 1963 in Sheffield, Yorkshire, England
He died on 13 May 2013 in Wonersh, Surrey, England
, at age 74.4,2
He was buried on 29 May 2013 in Wonersh and Blackheath Cemetery, Wonersh, Surrey, England
, after a service in St John the Baptist in Wonersh.4
|Janet I Gardner |
- Catherine Elizabeth Hemsley
- [S3] GRO Indexes 1939/Q1 Sheffield Volume 9c Page 894.
- [S1] Wonersh History Society Archives Gravestone.
- [S3] GRO Indexes 1963/Q3 Sheffield Volume 2d Page 641.
- [S15] Newspaper article Get Surrey - 23 May 2013.
Elizabeth Mary Bush
F, b. 23 June 1890, d. August 1984
|Last Edited||19 May 2018| Elizabeth Mary Bush
was born on 23 June 1890.1
She married Dick Edward George Skinner
, son of George Edward Skinner
and Jane Moseley
, in 1924 in Bingham, Nottinghamshire, England
When Dick returned to the village he worked for the Dendy Marshalls at Chinthurst Lodge. Elizabeth worked for Mrs Atkins in the laundry when it was in the first building which later became Grinsteads butchers shop.3
Elizabeth worked for Mrs Atkins who ran the laundry that moved to the barn on the Platt in 1925.3
On 29 September 1939 in the National Register Elizabeth was listed as living at Springfield Cottage, Wonersh, Surrey, England
with her husband Dick
. Dick was a gardener living with his wife and three others. Dick was AFS No 6 Wonersh Hambledon RDC.4
She died in August 1984 in Surrey, England
, at age 94.5
- [S5] Based on educated guess - based on either census or GRO records.
- [S3] GRO Indexes 1924/Q1 Bingham Volume 7b Page 681.
- [S1] Wonersh History Society Archives Mrs Elizabeth Skinner memories.
- [S41939] National Register - Find My Past- 29 September 1939 RG101/1955c/015.
- [S3] GRO Indexes August 1984 Surrey South Western Volume 17 Page 1153 age 94.
Ellen Mary Skinner
F, b. 15 June 1925
|Last Edited||16 Oct 2017|
- [S3] GRO Indexes 1925/Q3 Hambledon Volume 2a Page 301.
- [S1] Wonersh History Society Archives Wonersh baptisms.
M, b. 5 July 1834, d. 3 August 1913
|Last Edited||3 Aug 2017| Edwin Ellis
was born on 5 July 1834 in Guildford, Surrey, England
. He was the son of ... Ellis
and Ann ...
He married Emily ...
He was listed as head of household in the 1871 census in Wonersh, Surrey, England
. Edwin was a master tanner employing 72 men and 15 boys living with his wife, sons, mother, cousin, niece, nephew and one servant.1
An article in Leather Trades Review dated 11 January 1905 recorded: The tannery at Shalford grew under his care to a capacity of 600-700 hides weekly and had made the mostly cheaper varieties of Sole leather. While the Bermondsey yard was equal to 1,200-1,300 weekly and had devoted itself to good English Butts – split hides of recent years. A production of 2,000 hides weekly had taken some selling.2
Edwin retired as Surrey County Councellor and Alderman after 21 years.2
He died on 3 August 1913 in Hambledon, Surrey, England
, at age 79.3
- [S41871] UK Census 1871 (RG10) - 2 April 1871 RG10 Piece 826 Folio 85 Page 8.
- [S1] Wonersh History Society Archives Leather Trades Review.
- [S3] GRO Indexes 1913/Q3 Hambledon Volume 2a Page 94 age 79.
Bertha G Stevens
|Last Edited||23 Dec 2016|
- [S3] GRO Indexes 1929/Q3 Hambledon Volume 2a Page 557.