Stranton, West Hartlepool, Durham, England
To the south west of Hartlepool was the quiet village of Stranton with an ancient c.14th century parish church and a village green surrounded by cottages. Occupations were typical of many villages, eg. farming and corn milling
All Saints, Stranton, West Hartlepool, Durham, England
Burials save those of husabnds and wives of parishioners previously interred, were prohibited by orders after 15 July 1856. On 4 March 1858 the new North Cemetery, a mile away was opened.