Built by Cantieri Navale Riuniti, Muggiano, Italy, 1908. 8,996 gross tons; 476 (bp) feet long; 55 feet wide. Steam triple expansion engines, twin screw. Service speed 16 1/2 knots. 2,650 passengers (30 first class, 220 second class, 2,400 third class). Built for La Veloce Line, in 1908 and named. Transferred to Navigazione Generale Italiana Line, Italian flag, in 1909. The Italy - New York service was scrapped in 1928.